Caribbean Week of Agriculture 2013
About Caribbean Week of Agriculture
The 12th Caribbean Week of Agriculture (CWA), will be held in Guyana from the 4- 12 October, 2013. “Linking the Caribbean for Regional Food and Nutrition Security and Rural Development” is the theme of this year’s event.
CWA 2013 website http://www.cwa.caricom.org/
The Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI) will be hosting the following events at CWA 2013:
- CARDI/CTA/ ACM Workshop on evidence-based coverage of ARD issues in the Caribbean, 4-5 October 2013
- CARDI/5Cs/ CIMH/ CTA/ Wageningen Uni. And Research Centre/Uni. of Florence Workshop on monitoring and managing pest populations under a changing climate, 6-7 October 2013
- CARDI/CTA Workshop on Strengthening ICTs in value chains, 6–7 October 2013
- CARDI/CTA Joint Technical Opening for Workshops. (Launch of book on climate change adaptation in the Caribbean), 6 October 2013
- CTA/CARDI Workshop on the Development of the Coconut Industry in the Caribbean, 7-8 October 2013
- CTA/CARDI 3rd Regional Excellence in Agricultural Journalism Awards, 9 October 2013
- Meeting of CARDI Board of Governors, 10 October 2013
- CTA/CCST/CARDI Launch of Caribbean Science and Agriculture Film and Video Competition. Part II, 10 October 2013
- CARDI/CTA Joint Booth at the CWA Exhibition & Trade Show, 9-11 October 2013
Please refer to the CWA Programme / Week at a Glance http://cwa.caricom.org/cwa/week_at_a_glance.pdf for further details.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) – CWA webpage http://www.cta.int/en/news/caribbean-week-of-agriculture.html