The Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI) an autonomous Institute funded by member countries of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) invites applications for a short term consultancy (6 months) on Media Networking at its Headquarters in, UWI Campus St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, beginning on May 23, 2011.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director within the (CTA/CARDI/IICA/ACM Interagency Project: Connecting agriculture to the mass media in the Caribbean). The incumbent is responsible for facilitating networking between journalists, media houses and the agricultural community thereby ensuring better opportunities for media coverage of relevant agricultural issues. The major responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing a study to identify individuals and organisations interested in networking.
- Creating and managing a database of individuals and organisations who have agreed to networking
- Compiling agricultural information in user friendly formats and supplying it to various media houses on a regular basis
- Providing electronic “snapshots” on agriculture in the Region to various stakeholders and partners
- Support CARDI and IICA management in its media relations programme and its project responsibilities to CTA
- At least a diploma in Journalism or communication studies from a recognized university
- Experience in database design, development and management
- At least five years experience in the media
Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to perform in multidisciplinary
Applications should reach the Institute no later than 13 May 2011 and should be addressed as follows:
Institutional and Capacity Building Unit
Caribbean Agricultural Research and Devlopment Institute
P.O Bag 212, UWI Campus, St Augustine, Trinidad W.I